TEN WORDS TO LIVE BY CONVERSATION GROUPS
Weekly Reading Plan for Ten Words to Live By
- Jan 27-July 3: introduction
- July 4-10: Chapter 1
- July 11-17: Chapter 2
- July 18-24: Chapter 3
- July 25-31: Chapter 4
- August 1-7: Chapter 5
- August 8-14: Chapter 6
- August 15-21: Chapter 7
- August 22-28: Chapter 8
- August 29-September 4: Chapter 9
- September 5-11: Chapter 10
- September 12-18: Conclusion
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:30 p.m. — Linsey B. in Thurston
- Wednesdays 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Sara N. in SE Eugene
- Thursdays 9:30-10:30 a.m. — Jamie H. at the Barn with childcare
- Thursdays 10-11 a.m. — Gloria U. in NE Eugene
- Friday mornings — Jaime S. and her children at a different outdoor spot each week
Please sign up here even if you can’t attend each week. We know that vacations and other events happen in the summer months! Each gathering will include sweet fellowship, discussion about that week’s chapter, and prayer. We will send you detailed information, including the address for the group you register to join, prior to the first meeting.
The summer conversation times are free, but we do recommend that you purchase your own copy of Ten Words to Live By.
The Thursday group at the Barn will include childcare. The Friday group is designed for women and the children in their lives (elementary school through high school) to engage in activities in nature, discuss the Ten Commandments, and pray together.
Meet our summer conversation leaders (* indicates those hosting park dates):
ThursdaY Park Dates
These will be hosted each Thursday this summer except July 15 and August 19 for women of all ages and stages with or without the children in their lives. Spend your lunch break with us as a way to connect mid-week with your sisters at UFC. Bring your littles — and not-so-littles — to get the wiggles out before nap time or afternoon activities! Invite your neighbors, coworkers, classmates, and others as we begin to practice what it looks like to live in community with one another.
A host will be at that week’s park from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., but don’t let that stop you from coming earlier or staying later. If weather becomes an issue, we suggest you check ufcwomen.blog’s social accounts or the main blog site, where we will list any cancellations or changes to the schedule.
- June 24: Lively Park, 6100 Thurston Road, Springfield (Host: Linsey B.)
- July 1: Bond Lane Park*, 355 Bond Lane, Eugene (Host: Joanna S.)
- July 8: Awbrey Park, River Road and Spring Creek Drive, Eugene (Host: Jaime S.)
- July 22: Washington Park, 2025 Washington Street, Eugene (Host: Jamie H.)
- July 29: Lively Park, 6100 Thurston Road, Springfield (Host: Linsey B.)
- August 5: Arrowhead Park*, Irvington Drive and Arrowhead Street, Eugene (Host: Jaime S.)
- August 12: Fairmount Park, East 15th Avenue and Fairmount Boulevard, Eugene (Host: Joanna S.)
- August 26: Lively Park, 6100 Thurston Road, Springfield (Host: Linsey B.)
*Two of our park choices do not have bathrooms; however, they are strategically planned near the host’s home just in case a need arises!
- July 15: Join other women for fellowship, flower arranging, and dessert from 7 to 9 p.m. at Kathy Kitchel’s home outside Coburg. Please RSVP here.
ugust 19: The hospitality team at the Eugene Mission along with Beth Sheehan is hosting us for a special dinner and time of fellowship in the outdoor Bay Front facility. We’ll be releasing more information soon, but for now, save the date for this evening together.Canceled.
- Vacation Bible School July 26-29 from 9 a.m. to noon: Sign up here to volunteer. A training will be held after church on July 11.
- Agape Camp August 26-29: Learn more here about volunteering.